#31- Magazine Cover Practice

 I did some research into some past A Level Media Studies projects. I found a webpage full of examples of blog post. These can be very helpful for me in the process of deciding what to discuss and ideas that will greatly help the quality of my project. One blog post of a project about making a studio album, she made a great magazine. The website she used to make the magazine is "Flipsnack."

I decided to mess around with this site to make a magazine cover. This is only a draft right now, but I really enjoyed how it turned out. Later on when I make the final copy of the magazine I will most likely use this idea. I used ideas from the last blog post, however, I changed some aspects. 

The process of making the magazine cover:


I chose an image from the photoshoot I did with Elliana on January 1st. This photo is definitely one of my favorite photos I took of her, so I chose it for the cover photo. Usual magazines, and the Playbill, only have one photo on the cover. The text explains the contents of the magazine. 


Next I added a think yellow rectangle block on the top. It is lighter than the yellow on the Playbill magazines, but it's the similar type of blocking they use. The different shade of yellow makes it different from Playbill and the color looks better with the cover photo. 


Finally, I added some text. The font I used: "Old Standard TT" for the title and "Playfair Display" for the subtitle. The text font is similar to the Playbill font, however, not the same. This is because I wanted the cover similar to Playbill, but not directly copying. That is why I also changed the name of the magazine. In the last blog post, I stated that I was just going to use the same title as the magazine it is inspired by. However, I decided that is considered copying and they didn't publish this magazine. So, I changed the name to "Docbill." Since the magazine is about the subject of my documentary, I'd make a magazine for a company that publishes features based of musical theatre documentaries. The subtitle is never features on Playbill, so I added one to give more contexts about what is inside the magazine. 

I actually love how it turned out, even if I was just using this site for the first time and just practicing the magazine cover. This might be the final draft for the magazine cover, that might change. I'll keep the blog updated on all of the changes or non-changes to the magazine. 






Comments

Popular Posts