#17- Documentary Update

 December 31, 2023

 Tomorrow I have my first day of filming. I will be meeting Elliana Gorecki at the filming location we chose. I wanted to film at her house, so the personal interview felt more personal. However, her house is under construction. Another thing that I wanted to do but isn't going to happen is an interview with her mother. So, we will conduct the interview at my Grandmother's house and will complete a photoshoot that includes headshots. She can use them for herself and I can use them for my documentary and the Instagram. 

 The equipment I'll be using is my camera, tripod, studio lights and another camera for a second angle. The interview will be taken place in a room inside my grandmothers house without being interrupted and photos will be taken in the room and outside. These photos I can use in my magazine part of the portfolio. 

 The planning process was rough when deciding a date we can film this interview. It was very unclear if we were going to be able to meet soon and the fear of having to change my subject became very apparent. However, we finally came to a conclusion of a date to film this interview. Which is tomorrow: Monday, January 1st, 2024. The second part of the documentary I need to film will take place later in January or even in February.  I hope for January, so I can have all of February to edit, market and release my documentary. That part will be focused on her live in the theatre department at the University of Tampa and onstage/behind the scenes clips. 

So tomorrow I will be asking Elliana questions about herself, her life and the importance of musical theatre. I want the interview to not feel like an investigation, I want it to seem as she is having a good conversation with the audience. 

Here is the itinerary, including concept plan with examples of questions, for tomorrow:

9:20/30 AM: 

Arrive at the filming location. (Pick up food for Ella OTW to thank her)

9:30- 10:25 AM: 

Take on locations footage (ex: street/front of house). These will be the establishing shots for the following scenes (the interview).  Set up "studio" (filming location in the house) to prepare it for the interview. 

10:30 AM: 

ELLA arrives.

10:45/11-12:00 PM: 

Interview takes place (an hour should be enough time to get the footage I need.)

  - Introduction example: Hello my name is NAME, I'm AGE and I'm a student at/go to SCHOOL.

  - Questions: (going to break these up with different shots) (I may come up with more during the film)

      1. Tell me a little about her personal life, what are your interest? 

      2. How was your childhood? (start with "My Childhood")

      3. Did you know you wanted to be part of the musical theatre world at a young age? or How old were you when you realized you wanted to do musical theatre?

      4. Has Broadway always been your dream? Is it your end goal? How would you say your family feels about this goal? (Say the broadway voice/grandpa thing she posted about)

      5. Why did you choose to study at the University of Tampa? (If theatre related)

      6. What is your favorite part of the theatre department/program at UT?

      7. What was your first show you did at UT? What was that like for you? How did you learn from it? (Ask her for pictures to input in the end product)

      8. What other activities do you participate in? (so like dance class)

       9. What is a dream broadway show you would like to be part of?

      10. What are your plans when you graduate from UT?

12:00- 1:00 PM: 

After filming wraps up we will do a photoshoot. We will get some gorgeous photos and headshots. These photos will be used in the instagram and the magazine. When finished ELLA can leave.

My next blog post will be a film update, a sort of "diary log" of the first bit of filming I will complete. See you next year blog!



   




Comments

Popular Posts