#12- Miss Americana

 


Miss Americana is a 2020 documentary about the iconic pop singer Taylor Swift that takes place during her Reputation Era. It reveals a lot about her personal life with the behind the scenes and onstage footage from concerts. 

I personally am a big fan of Taylor Swift and this documentary made me fall more in love with her as an artists and a person. I feel like that might be the overall point of these types of documentaries. They highlight a specific person, sport hobby, etc. It allows audiences to learn more about the topic with the documentaries shared lesson. The specific lesson of "Miss Americana" is the valuable thought that approval isn't everything. Taylor Swift went through a lot of struggles during her rise to fame and got a lot of hate from millions. Throughout the documentary she is teaching audience members that it is not important that everyone likes you. If you stay true to yourself, you'll gather people who will value you and love you for being you. This documentary has allowed many Swifties (Taylor Swift's fans) to get to know Taylor more and see what goes into being on tour. 

The reason I decided to watch "Miss Americana" in my researching phase is because it is about this big topic, being an artist, through the eyes of Taylor Swift. For my documentary, I want it to be about the theatre department at University of Tampa through the eyes of one student. The college student that I want to do a detailed story on would be Elliana Gorecki. Through sharing her story the audience would be very inspired to pursue futures in musical theater or in their specific passions. I will take inspiration of the style of this documentary with the on stage and behind the scenes shots and the personal interviews with Taylor Swift. However, during my interviews I will have sit down interviews so they wont feel as personal discussions, which this documentary does. They make the audience feel like they are in the room or car with Taylor Swift. This is done with camera angles and hang-held shots. 

Comments

Popular Posts