#10- Naming

Right now I have no idea what to title my Documentary. I'm hoping through research and the making of this blog post I'll be led to creating a good title for my documentary. I have googled "how to come up with creative titles for short films" and "famous theater documentaries" to find ways to create a title for my five minute documentary.

Article: https://www.scriptreaderpro.com/movie-title-ideas/ 

In this article some of the main areas it states to consider to create and good title for your film are:

1. Coming up with a great movie title ideas by nailing the story’s essence

2. Generating movie title ideas method #1: Characters

3. Generating movie title ideas method #2: Locations

4. Generating movie title ideas method #3: Situations or feelings

Also when it came to my second search I found some names of documentaries that stood out to me:


This documentary is a musical and tells the self-reflective life story of Joan Baez. She was a popular singer and activist and created this documentary to reflect on that and leave her mark in the music history and discuss her personal struggles. 
The title features the singers name and a quote she believes is true about her.


This documentary explores the reopening of Broadway after the covid epidemic. It explores the struggles and new ways of people that work in the industry and struggled in 2020., such as hundreds of restaurant owners and staff, costume houses, designers and more. 
The title is named after the location, being Broadway, and the creative addition of rising because it is after covid when things begun opening up again.


This documentary explores the personal life of famous pop-star Taylor Swift and shows behind the scenes and onstage performances during her Lover era. 
The title is a nickname for Taylor Swift given to her during her Lover era because of her song Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince.

Now it's time to think about the name for my documentary. If I knew what show Elliana would be performing in next semester I could make a name around that, but I wouldn't know until next semester and I want to create a title now so I can create an Instagram account and start marketing it. So, I'll keep it based round her name or college. 

Name: Elliana Gorecki                       College: University of Tampa              Topic: Musical Theatre

I came up with one title idea: "Elliana Gorecki: The Upcoming of a Theatre Kid"

However, I decided to reach out to Elliana to see what she would want a documentary about her named. I would want it personal to her because it will be telling her story of growing up wanting to theater and finally being part of the theatre department at the University of Tampa. Something personal might be a nickname like "Miss Americana" or a quote that resembles her like "I Am a Noise." She got back to me and said she had no ideas for the title and she doesn't have nay nicknames. So, for right now the name of the documentary would be "Elliana Gorecki: The Upcoming of a Theatre Kid." I'll update the blog post if there are any changes to the title of the documentary. However, now I can finally create an Instagram account with an appropriate title. This I'll do in the following week.

In my next blog post I will discuss the American Theatre Wing YouTube channel and how it will help me inspire ideas for my documentary.



Comments

Popular Posts